In order to upgrade to the latest version of Enterprise Alert please download the below setup file and follow the below steps.
- Run a full backup of your Enterprise Alert server and the dedicated EA SQL Database.
- ! Stop all Antivirus- and Intrusion-Detection tools at the Enetrprise Alert server(s) until the Upgrade is completed. !
- Log in to the Enterprise Alert server with a local admin account that has at least DBOwner (better would be SA) rights to the Enterprise Alert SQL database
- Open an administrative command window, run the EXE file and follow the instructions on the screen.
- When finished please reboot the server and login to the EA web console with an Administrator account and generate an HWD file
- send the HWD file to our support teams to receive a new license
- apply the dedicated License to the system
Once you have executed the above steps for the upgrade you should be on the most recent version of Enterprise Alert 9.
PLEASE NOTE(!): When you have set up an HA environment please make sure that you have stopped all Enterprise Alert services during the complete upgrade process. This makes sure that no service is blocking any table in the EA SQL database.
Note: With the upgrade to the current latest version, there are 2 new Windows services:
"Enterprise Alert® Connector Host"
"Enterprise Alert® Channel Host"
These are already added to our Start/Stop Batch Files under ...\Enterprise Alert\AdminTools hinzugefügt.
Please let us know when you plan the upgrade so we may provide you with the necessary licenses in a timely manner.