There are two ways to allow all users to view the On-Call schedule for all teams in Enterprise Alert.
1. Allowing the ability to access the Who is on call page via an internal intranet web page such as SharePoint.
- Execute the following SQL statement on the EnterpriseAlert database. You can see there is a property in the EnterpriseAlert database which controls the access to that page.
USE EnterpriseAlertGOUPDATE KeyValueCollection SET Value = 1 WHERE [Key] = ‘WhoIsOnCallPublicAccess’GO
- Link the dashboard e.g. in your intranet. The URL would be http://EA_SERVER_FQDN/EAPortal/pages/OnCallOverview.aspx
- You can insert the “who is on call” information as a Web Part into SharePoint or other tools using the following code:<iframe src=”http://EA_SERVER_FQDN/EAPortal/pages/OnCallOverview.aspx”
style=”border: 1px rgb(127,127,127) solid;” scrolling=”no” name=”whosoncall” height=”250″ width=”540″></iframe>
If the database property “WhoIsOnCallPublicAccess” is set to 1, this page does no longer authenticate any access and displays the content straight away. You can also use this page to show who-is-on-call information in other sites, for example in SharePoint.
Please note that if you have SSO activated (i.e. use the AD integration) you still have to make sure on the IIS level that all corresponding domain users are allowed to access the web page.
In this case you have to have ‘Integrated Windows Authentication’ enabled for the Enterprise Alert application in IIS. All your domain users who should see this page must have read permissions on the web portal directory on the file system of your Enterprise Alert machine.
2. Creating a new User Role that allows users to access the On-Call page for all teams.
- Login to Enterprise Alert Home page
- Click on the People menu option
- Click on the User Roles button
- Click on the Create New button
- Give the User Role a name and Description
- Click on the Permissions tab
- Set the Global System Access to "Yes"
- Set the 'See the "Who's on call?" page' setting to "Yes"
- Set the 'See on-Call plans for teams' to 'Own', 'Team', and 'All'
- Set every other setting on the page to No or None.
- Click on the Save button
- Add this new User Role to any user that needs to see the schedule for all teams.