To connect PowerBI to your Enterprise Alert database you will need to establish a connection between the 2. I used the Desktop PowerBI program and was able to connect to our SQL DB fairly easily using the below steps:
- Inside of PowerBI select the Get Data menu option
- Select the SQL Server Database option in the Get Data popup
- Enter your Enterprise Alert SQL server connection string and DB name and choose either Direct Query or Import
- Select the OK button
- You might be prompted to enter credentials to use the DB, enter the credentials for the SQL DB here.
- Once that is complete PowerBI will now be able to access the Enterprise Alert DB and you can create your PowerBI Dashboard.